Taxi – usually 4 soles to get anywhere around town, 5 soles after 9pm
Walk – The city of Cusco is small enough that you can walk safely pretty much anywhere you need to go, just use more caution after 10pm.
- Grab lunch at the Sunday Food Festival (La Feria) in the Plaza de San Francisco.
- Sample the street food and drink. My recommendations: don’t miss a taste of the anticuchos, choclo con queso, and the quinoa drink you’ll see at every cart in the mornings.
- Visit the fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
- Shop in the Mercado San Pedro.
- As much as you may not want to, you must try cuy, the local delicacy more familiarly known as guinea pig.
- Wander the narrow streets of Cusco’s bohemian district, San Blas.
- Visit the Museo Inka.
Food and Drink
* = Digital Nomad Approved (Reliable wifi, outlets to charge laptops, relatively quiet, etc.)